**This course will provide the participant with 2 General Learning Type BACB® CEUs**.
Description of Learning Type CE Event: Do you feel like parents are the “toughest” part of your job? Do you want to increase caregiver buy-in and consistency? Learn how to cultivate consistent and effective caregiver coaching sessions through the lens of compassionate care.
Course Date: Saturday, April 15th, 2023 @ 11:00 am CST (12pm EST| 9:00 am PT) on Zoom
Instructor: C. Rose Jeffers, MAT, BCBA, LABA
About the Instructor: Rosie Jeffers is passionate about three things in life– food, behavior analysis, and cats. Her dissemination efforts can be found through her podcast Behavior Bites, instagram @rosie.eats.bx, and website rosiebx.com. Rosie is a member of multiple organizations including MassABA, BABAT, and an Advocate/Ally Member of BABA. Rosie’s work includes three CEU courses with Study Notes ABA (A DINK’s Guide to Caregiver Coaching, Soft Skills – This Time, It’s Personal, and We Need to Talk: A Webinar on Ethics). Rosie lives and works in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Target Audience: students, practitioners, RBTs, Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts, and anyone who interacts with caregivers!
Learning Objectives: As a result of this course participants will be able to …
- Identify how to use compassionate care in parent training sessions.
- Identify and resolve barriers to effective and consistent parent training participation.
- Discuss relevant Ethics code items to parent training.
- Explore the use of Acceptance and Commitment Training during caregiving coaching.
- Use and create a caregiver coaching template to organize and structure sessions.